Saturday, September 10, 2011

SERENDIPITY

I have been wanting to make a centralized blog for my various interests and was finally motivated enough to take the steps today.  I view my blogs as places where I can record things that I am interested in, memorialize fun times and exciting memories and to give me a place to try to coordinate my interests.  In the process of doing this, if other people benefit from the information I share then that is even better. I ran through a few ideas of what to name such a place but my interests are so varied, I had trouble deciding. I checked on the availability of a few the ideas but they were already grabbed up by others...sigh..  So I decided to go with one of my favorite words - serendipity. I have loved this word since I was little. There was a small store that we passed on the way to the library when I was growing up. Their name was Serendipity and I loved how that sounded. On the Serendipity Wiki, serendipity is defined as "when someone finds something that they weren't expecting to find". Considering I am always finding things that catch my interest that I was not expecting to find, this seems to be a pretty appropriate title.......

No comments:

Post a Comment